ARCH is open at our main campus and continuing to serve our clients in the ARCHKids program, DTA program for adults and Drop-In program for adults. Our Paradise Valley Afterschool Program has been reopened! It will be held at Mountain View Community Center and will begin in September! Contact Janine Warn at JMarcumphx@yahoo.com for registration information.
Please check back here for more updates.
Current protocols to keep everyone safe include:
- Parents and caregivers are asked to test their children or family member before returning to ARCH if they have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Our building is cleaned and disinfected in the morning before use, throughout the day, and at the end of day after participants have left.
- Doors and commonly touched surfaces are cleaned and disinfected in between group activities
- ARCH is conducting daily temperature checks and questionnaires for Staff and Participants to check for symptoms. No one with current symptoms may remain at ARCH
- Advice on proper hand washing techniques are posted in visible places throughout the building and restrooms and hands are washed in between each activity.
- Staff and Participants are following CDC mask guidelines. Fully immunized individuals may choose to wear a mask, all others are required to wear one while on campus. See Footnotes below.
- Educational reminders on COVID-19 health practices are being held for all participants.
- Activities are taking place in smaller groups across the campus and on field trips to enable social distancing.
- Special Events, Major Adventure Trips, and Live performances are being considered on a case by case basis to remain in line with public health considerations.
Employee ScreeningBy clocking in, each employee is attesting to being symptom free and completing a temperature check.
Visitor ScreeningWe are currently hosting no visitors on campus outside of RN students completing their clinicals. Tours may be scheduled and are held in such a way that social distancing is possible. If you come to ARCH to pick up a participant, please call the front desk (602-230-2226) and staff will monitor participant safety while exiting the building. If you are unable to call, please go no further than the front desk and wait outside the building while the participant is informed you are here.
Participant AttendanceParticipants may remain home with no changes to access to programming upon their return.
Footnotes1. Participants are asked to wear a mask where possible. However, mask wearing is not mandatory for anyone with a developmental disability or other health conditions. CDC guidelines state that “Wearing masks may be difficult for people with sensory, cognitive, or behavioral issues”. In the City of Phoenix, “Those with a medical condition, mental health condition, developmental disability, or are otherwise covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act” are exempt from the mandatory mask order. We will therefore assess it on a case-by-case basis, in liaison with parents and caregivers.
2. While physically participating in sporting events individuals may remove their mask.